Skip to main content

Star Wars Leatherbound Edition and my New Recipe - Artificial Chicken Rice [ February 17, 2017 ]

For the Star Wars book! | February 17, 2017


Off to SM Megamall and about to ride an MRT train. Queuing in line, the train arrived. A woman from the distance rushed in coming from my right side. She just ignored me and all of the people waiting in the line. I just let her through. A guy already inside save a little space for me, how thoughtful he is. But I nod not because I saw the frolicsome eye of the woman who cut in the line. She, she's not normal. And also, they're so full. You just need to trust your instinct and fast judgment in such situation.

After I got the book from a very cute girl. I return to MRT station to ride back home. As usual, the inside is like a pack of sardines. I'm at the very front door. I saw a used gum stuck in the rim of the MRT door. It looks very fresh and damp. What a very unpleasant sight as I'm very near it. I can't move back. We're so crowded inside. I just need carry on with the situation. It's just a few minutes to my station anyway. By the way, don't think I'm new with this MRT experiences. I experience a lot from this cursed transportation, like inhalling a foul smell to the point all of us are covering our noses inside the tram and I believe the fartbringer covered his/her nose too; crowd exchange of sweat due to the air conditioning system is not working; thrusting you from behind without an apology or excuse; etc. just check their page review.

At end of the day, I just scored this 850.00 pesos worth of Star Wars leatherbound book, brand new and still sealed. Note, still priced 1,299 pesos in local book store or at Lazada.


Thank you to the cute lady who sold this <3

Note: I just found the sale listing of this book on a Facebook book group. If you want to buy the similar title, you can buy it at Lazada below:


If you're not coming from the Philippines, you can buy the similar title with different edition - the R2-D2 cover or the C-3PO cover, magnetic below:




Artificial Chicken Rice | February 17, 2017


I was ransacking the kitchen cabinet that night for food. I was hungry. I wanted to cook something anything whatever I can find in our kitchen. I do this when I'm frustrated.

So, I got the following ingredients:

- STAR Margarine "Bida ang matangkad." (nakaka-offend ang slogan niya)

lonely STAR Margarine, was been in the refrigerator for months

- Knorr Chicken Broth Cube

Knorr Chicken Cubes artificial chicken flavoring?

When I was a kid, I always thought Broth cubes were made of Chicken or Pork's sweat. Up to now, I still don't know how they're made. But of course, I don't believe they're made of animal perspiration.

- 3 pcs. of unused pack of dried vegetables and meat from Yakisoba

dried veggies and mini meat from the unknown with unknown expiration
I'm not sure when was the last time my niece eaten a Yakisoba noodles. She always taking out the dried veggies pack and leave it in the storage for others who want to consume it. So I'm not sure if it already expired and whether it's from Chicken or Beef flavor.

- McCORMICK Black Pepper Ground (powder)


- 1 1/2 Cup of Rice

So, the result: FAILED


It taste good but the rice is undercooked and the bottom part is burnt. I think the right way to describe is a partially cooked rice. I put the right amount of water. Perhaps, what made it partially cooked was because of time-to-time mixing of ingredients with the rice while cooking it. I should have left all the ingredients inside the first stage while cooking to make the pressure inside flow normally. Like the normal cooking of rice.

By the way, I named it Artificial Chicken Rice because of broth cube that gave taste to it and also the coloration due to STAR Margarine.

Thank you for reading. I just can't believe I even posted this recipe haha!

UPDATE as of 02-18-2017: I slept late and woke up afternoon of the following day. Family members consumed my creation. They said, the taste is okay. I didn't bother to ask if they fried it or re-heated it. One thing for sure, I will never make another Artificial Chicken Rice again.

-
Roy Cortez
February 17, 2017

Comments

  1. Your Star Wars find is a great deal for that discounted price. Also, your artificial chicken rice looked interesting. I might have to do my own version, while noting your ingredients, and make sure the rice gets cooked first. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the Starwars Leatherbound. Your artificial rice looks like Biryani rice (an arab dish)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The leather bound edition of Star Wars would be a great collector item. The food looks tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The book would be a great addition to a StarWars collection. My mom used to spoon star margarine over a cup of piping hot cooked rice. It was her version of java rice.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Kababalaghan Pagkagat ng Dilim, A Kabayan (KBYN) Halloween Special 2022

Ang video na naka-embed sa ibaba ay mula sa opisyal na YouTube channel ng ABS-CBN News . Ito ang Halloween special report ni Kabayan Noli De Castro noong nakaraang taon 2022: Enjoyin mo mag-isa, at Happy Halloween! #KBYNKababalaghan #KBYN #KBYNHalloweenSpecial2022 Naghahanap ka ba ng nakakatakot na babasahin ngayong paparating na Halloween? Bisitahin sa ibaba: Read: https://sabiniroy.blogspot.com/2023/10/pre-halloween-book-haul-2023.html Advertisement:

Pre-Halloween Book Haul 2023: True Philippine Ghost Stories Returns, Uzumaki 3-in-1 & Tomie by Junji Ito, and Harana ng Aswang by Mervin Malonzo

True Philippine Ghost Stories has returned! The reprint of the first 10 issues of the feared horror books is now available on PSICOM's official shop pages (available only in the Philippines): Shopee: https://shope.ee/ixWJq1Zo Lazada: https://c.lazada.com.ph/t/c.YryJYv Also available, is the new True Philippine Ghost Stories book, Resurrected Vol. 1 which compiles the newly submitted stories of this year: Shopee (this book only): https://shope.ee/9Ua2qZ9Oyw Or check our FB post below: Another worth-reading horror book we bought, this time from the Fully Booked bookstore: Uzumaki 3-in-1 Deluxe by Junji Ito on Fully Booked shop pages: - Shopee: https://shope.ee/1Av4XzxBEO - Lazada:  https://c.lazada.com.ph/t/c.Yrzae5 Tomie: Complete (Deluxe) by Junji Ito on Fully Booked shop pages: - Shopee:  https://shope.ee/8KOF5JNrVR - Lazada:  https://s.lazada.com.ph/s.iIMOO Watch the video of our book haul below: The last book is from Mervstore.com , "Harana ng Aswang" Deluxe Numbered e

SnL (Slim N' Light) Dietary Supplement | Yumei Mise [yumei mi-se]

I've tried many dietary supplements before. Like CarbTrim Iced Tea Mix, C-Lium Fibre and FitNRight Active juice drink (w/ L-Carnitine) which I frequently drink when I jog in the morning or evening. Well, they kind of work but It came to a time when I had enough. I want to try something new. This, I discovered SnL Dietary Supplement by Yumei Mise. It's a bit expensive compared to the popular one I'm taking. Product Name: SNL Dietary Supplement Brand: Yumei Mise Distributor / Manufacturer: YUMEI MISE Manufacturing & Mdse., Inc. FDA FR No.: 86138 LOT No.: 88808 Price: 50.00 php. per capsule / 1500.00 php. (30 capsules - 1 pack) Available at: Mercury Drug, Watsons, South Star Drug, Generica drugstore, Asian Massage and Yumei Mi-se Online Store: http://yumeimise.net/shoponline/index.php?cPath=23 (continue scrolling down or click 'Read more')